from the box

Thanks for all the fish

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Makeover

Time for a Left After Breakfast Makeover.
To fil the gap left by the Illustrious Bagman, I will be introducing talk segments 10 - 12 minutes each, to be broadcast in the 9.30 -10.00 a.m timeslot. My audience is accustomed to a natter at that time of the morning, so I will give them the best Natterers in Melbourne.

Here are some of my ideas for these segments

Left Opinion
Someone giving an opinion obviously. An Opinion from an 'expert' on anything given by someone who knows what they are talking about in a particular area. Think about it, everyone is an expert on something, whether it's from a left perspective is another matter. There is a woman who rings on talkback pretty regularly, she is from Baghdad, keeps up to date with news from her family who are still there, and can talk underwater. I'll snaffle her if I can. But it doesn't have to be really heavy stuff like Iraq, there must be an 'expert' who can natter about water conservation, or the state of public transport etc Anyone who can string a few sentences together is fine, I can natter with them

Women of the Left
A profile of some unsung heroine, some of the more senior ladies around the place? Although I wonder about the last time my listeners heard anyone on my show who was under the age of forty. Hell, I wonder if my listeners even know anyone under the age of forty. It's about time they did

Comrade of the Month
Based on nominations from listeners, though how I am going to manage this I don't know. Or I just choose a comrade myself

I would like to have one segment a week, for example
week 1 - Women of the Left
week 2 - Comrade of the Month
week 3 - Left Opinion
week 4 - Something else I haven't thought of yet
So the people I will be nattering with aren't hassled about it.

This could be live in the studio, live to air or pre-recorded. Whatever is easier for the one in the Spotlight

I'm open to all suggestions, in fact I would appreciate some. Do you know someone you could suggest as a 'resident expert'? An author? A woman who deserves to be recognised?

I'd like to get a few leads, a couple of phone numbers, a name .......

For those concerned listeners, our resident historian/ herstorian, Ourstorian, Glen Davis will still be bringing us the real story of our past. He's served eleven years behind the microphone in left After Breakfast

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I think you could spend some time advertising your own political web sites and blogs. You could also give a sort of review of good web sites for people to go look at for that week.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Susanna Duffy said…

    That's an interesting one. The couple of times we have given out web addressess, there are plenty of phone calls asking us to repeat it. Glen always flogs Zmag. It would be easy enough to run up a list of even two a week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home