from the box

Thanks for all the fish

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It wasn't my fault!
Frozen squirrels, angry wasps and obstructive potatoes were among some of the reasons given by motorists to support their insurance claims. As silly as it sounds, you can never be too careful with food or animals, according to UK insurer Norwich Union.

The squirrel motorist said the frozen animal had fallen out of a tree and crashed through the windshield while another driver blamed a wasp sting on the leg for a sudden surge in acceleration and a bump with the car in front. One driver even blamed a potato stuck behind the brake pedal for the inability to stop.

Some claims in particular stood out.

1. "As I was driving around a bend, one of the doors opened and a frozen kebab flew out, hitting and damaging a passing car,"

2. "A herd of cows licked my car and caused damage to the paintwork."

3. "A zebra collided with my car when I was at a safari park."

4. "While I was waiting at traffic lights, a wasp went down my trouser leg which made me hit the accelerator and prang the car in front."

5. "I couldn't brake because a potato was lodged behind the brake."

6. "My parked car was hit by a bull which had escaped from an agricultural show."

7. "A cow jumped on my quad bike."

8. "As I came over a hill, I hit a cow in the middle of the road, which then hit the bonnet and shattered the windscreen with its rear end."

All the cited claims were legitimate and had been paid out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home