from the box

Thanks for all the fish

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

419 and all about Scam Baiting



What a delightful way to start off the day! If you can't get the nerve up to try a little scam-baiting yourself (like me) do the next best thing -- go to 419eater.com and read about it from your armchair

So what is scambaiting? Well, put simply, you enter into a dialogue with scammers, simply to waste their precious time and resources. Whilst you are doing this, you will be helping to keep the scammers away from real potential victims.

There's an archive of hilarious exchanges. I'm still chuckling over :

'Prince' Joe Eboh contacts me with a classic 419 opening letter. I decide to make him jump through a few hoops before I'm prepared to agree to his proposition, and the results are amusing AND profitable, to the tune of $80 + $49 DHL shipping, so our scammer is down a whopping total of $129

Cheer yourself up !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home